In this article we will tell about a ballet dancer tattoo, its history, sense and possible variants of this refined image. Those who want to think thoroughly of the idea of an image before going to a tattoo salon we suggest looking through the following catalog sections:
- The photos of a ballet dancer tattoo;
- The sketches of a ballet dancer tattoos.
Sense, history and meaning of a ballet dancer tattoo
(If you do not want to read – you can listen to the audio version of the article)
Tattoos of a ballet dancer are becoming more and more popular. In the past getting such a tattoo was only a women’s prerogative, but nowadays an image of a girl’s slim silhouette can be found on men’s bodies either.
Meanings and variants of a ballet dancer tattoo
A ballet dancer tattoo is mostly popular among people leaving in European countries. Such an image as a tattoo went into the rotation about 100 years ago with the development of the international ballet.
The sense of this tattoo is double:
- The image is associated with bright scene performance and ballet artist’s grace.
- However, weekdays of this profession include rigorous rules, strict diet and exhausting workouts.
The meanings of a ballet dancer tattoo
Photo examples of tattoo designs with a ballet dancer (303 photos):
(click to see more photos)
Images which suit men and women
It is generally believed that a ballet dancer tattoo is mostly for for women to get. But among men can also be found those who do not mind decorating their bodies with this image.
Here are kinds of the images popular among men and their meanings:
- A dancer’s skeleton. Such a tattoo is definitely masculine, it expresses an extraordinary nature and points on the male character traits: efficiency, perseverance, reliability;
- A girl putting on pointe shoes. This image points on courage. If the girl on the image is pictured smiling it speaks for its owner’s willingness to womankind;
- A dancing ballet dancer has a meaning of loneliness;
- A faceless contour of a ballet dancer speaks for an affection to a certain girl.
Girls are more likely to get the following images:
- A ballet dancer’s black contour. An elegant tattoo which has absorbed all the symbols;
- A dancing girl speaks for its owner’s refinement, beauty and grace;
- Pointe shoes mean endless personal growth and determination on the aims;
- A faceless ballet dancer points on its owner’s spirituality and elegance;
A ballet dancer tattoo looks really cute when pictured with other symbols, but the sense of a composition should be thought beforehand .
Images normally going with a ballet dancer:
- Birds, either big or small. A fascinating swan affectionately hugging a dancer with its wings as if protecting her, or a little hummingbird, emphasizes lightness and fragility;
- Flowers or butterflies, speaking for eternal youth, beauty and freedom;
- Musical symbols such as notes or treble clef;
- Heart and stars, which show owner’s dreaminess;
- Words and phrases in different languages with a particular meaning for the owner.
Styles of putting a ballet dancer tattoo:
As a rule, the images are of a small size, because they look more elegant. A bigger tattoo looks unclear and far from harmonious.
Watch the video: